Wednesday 24 April 2013

Big Jersey Pants!



It's been a long time since I bought any new pants/knickers, obviously, but it's been a long time since I made any for myself. I've got lots of my 'puffy pants' style and found the ones that are fading beyond use are my shop-bought jersey pants. What I don't like about a lot of them is that they leave half of the bum hanging out! I'm a firm believer in BIG pants. So I used the lower half of my swimsuit pattern and made these.



They sit pretty high, so I will make some that sit at hip level but I wanted to make them pretty big for my first attempt. I've made jersey shorts before but I've slowly realised that I really don't find that style comfortable. I also tried to make a pair of jersey briefs a long time ago before I really grasped the whole idea of stretch. They were the strangest misshapen garment I've ever seen.





I really like these, so I'm going to make some to sell as well, as I feel the need to share the big pants love.

No comments:

Post a Comment